- 2 cup red beans, drained
- 2 cup frozen corn(thawed)
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 8-10 flour tortillas or roti
- 2 cups grades cheese (Cheddar + Mozzarella)
- Garnish with optional items like: salsa, sour cream etc.
- In a large bowl add cooked red beans, corn, and sliced olives. Stir until combined.
- Place one flour tortilla on a gas grill / pan over medium heat.
- On half of the tortilla/ roti add a bit of shredded cheese. When the cheese melts, this is what helps the tortilla stay sealed.
- Add a couple of spoonfuls of the bean mixture on top of the cheese.
- Add a bit more shredded cheese on top of the bean mixture. (Notice, you are only using one half of the tortilla for your cheese and bean mixture.)
- Fold the top of the tortilla over and press down with a spatula. As the cheese melts it will secure the tortilla closed.
- Cook on each side for about 3-5 minutes until the tortilla is lightly brown. (During the cooking process you are heating up the filling.)
- Once both sides are brown remove the quesadilla from the griddle and cut it in half.
- Serve hot with salsa and sour cream.
Most of the time when I make these quesadillas I am using leftover beans from my previous dinner. These quesadillas come together very quickly and this is another awesome 30 minute meal that is perfect for a busy school day. You can also go non-vegetarian and add leftover meat or chicken to it. ENJOY the easy, quick & tasty recipe !