This easy cranberry trifle features soft cake layered with sweet cranberries and homemade custard. This beautiful, easy and yummy dessert is perfect for any time of year!
- 3cups frozen cranberries
- 1cup water
- 3/4cup sugar
- 1tablespoon corn flour
- 1tablespoon water
- 1 basic vanilla cake
- 2boxes instant vanilla custard
- 3cups milk
- 2sliced orange segments
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3cups whipped cream or whipped topping
- Make cranberry sauce. In a medium pot, add cranberries, 1 cup water and sugar. Bring to a simmer over high heat, then reduce heat to medium and cook for about 10 minutes until berries are softened and starting to burst.
- Combine corn flour and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl and add to cranberries, stirring until thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Combine custard mix, orange juice, and 3 cups milk (or enough milk to make 4 cups liquid) with a whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut cake into 1″ cubes.
In 12 small jars or dessert bowls, layer half of cake, custard, cranberry sauce and orange slices, then repeat with the second half. Spread whipped cream on top and refrigerate until ready to serve.