A simple, soft and chewy granola bars recipe that’s delicious as-is or can be adapted based on your favorite dried fruits, nuts or chocolate.
These homemade chewy granola bars will take your back to one of your favorite childhood snacks!
Read on to see how we make quick & easy homemade Granola Bars .
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats (not quick or instant)
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut powder
- 1 cup of dryfruit mix ( chopped toasted walnuts, almonds & dried cherries & chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (essence or extract)
- Preheat oven to 165° C.
- Line a 9” x 9” square pan with parchment paper (not foil) leaving extra overhang on all sides. .
- Combine oats, brown sugar, coconut and dry fruit mix in a large bowl.
- Combine honey, oil, and vanilla in a measuring cup.
- Add honey mixture to oat mixture and combine well.
- Spread in baking pan, pressing down very firmly, taking about a minute. Try pressing down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan.
- Remove from pan (using parchment handles) to cutting board. Remove paper and cut into bars.
Note : If the Bars are not holding together then try pressing them down again after baking. Let them cool for 10 minutes and press down firmly while warm, then let them cool COMPLETELY before cutting.