This Chicken Parmigiana is proof that Comforting food doesn’t necessarily have to be bad for you… serve it with a side of your favorite pasta to keep with the classic, or opt for sauteed veggies or a green salad for an even lighter version!
3 chicken breasts , split
2 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 Tbsp Hot Sauce
1/3 cup white rice flour
1/3 cup cornstarch
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 cup pasta sauce
100 gm pound mozzarella, grated
Olive oil, for cooking
250 gm pound spagatti pasta
2 cups your favorite pasta sauce, warm
Parmesan cheese, optional
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pound breasts to approx 1/2-inch thickness. Set aside.
• Take three plates.Fill the first plate with white rice flour, cornstarch, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Fill the next plate with egg, milk, and a dash of hot sauce. Whisk to combine. Fill the last plate with bread crumbs and remaining spices.
• Dip the chicken breasts in the following order: flour mixture, egg mixture, bread crumb mixture. Be sure to coat chicken pieces thoroughly with each mixture. Place coated chicken on a plate.
• Fill a large non-stick skillet with 1/4-inch of olive oil. Heat skillet over medium-high heat.Cook each chicken breast for 4-5 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan.
• When all chicken is cooked, top each piece with tomato sauce.
• Sprinkle grated mozzarella over the top of the sauce and a little dried basil on each piece of chicken. Bake in preheated oven until cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Serve with cooked pasta..
• Cook pasta in salted, boiling water until tender. When tender, drain and toss with tomato sauce. If you’d like, sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese.