This whole-roasted chicken is perfect for a delicious dinner at home! And so easy, too 😉!
Because everyone should have a great roast chicken recipe in their arsenal.
- 1 whole chicken, skin on
- One head of garlic, peeled
- A handful of parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 cup of dry white wine or Manzanilla
- 1 cup of water
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven and a roasting pan to 200°C
- First, make sure that the chicken is completely dry; pat any moisture off with paper towels.
- Put the chicken into a deep roasting pan.
- In a food processor, make a paste with the garlic cloves, salt, parsley and pepper. You will not need to use all of this paste, and it can last a few weeks in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Stuff the chicken with a couple of tablespoons of the paste, and cover it with a bit more. Then rub the skin with olive oil.
- Pour the wine and water around the chicken
- Cover the chicken in a damp piece of parchment paper.
- Depending on the size of the chicken, the time in the oven may vary. I cooked my 2.5 kg chicken for about one hour (until the juices ran clear, not pink).
- During the last 15 minutes in the oven, remove the parchment paper and let the skin become crispy. If it is not crisping up use the broiler for a few minutes.
- Serve with homemade French fries (I like to fry unpeeled garlic cloves with my homemade fries, they come out tender and delicious.