What better kind of salad to consume than a detox salad?
• 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon mustard powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
• 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
• 1 medium-sized head of Iceberg lettuce
• olives for garnish
1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, sugar, mustard powder, and salt. You can mix with an electric mixer.
2. Gradually and slowly, pour in olive oil in a slow thin stream, and mix all the time, until dressing is smooth and uniform. Add sunflower seeds and poppy seeds.
3. Cut iceberg into wedges and place on a serving platter. Add dressing, garnish with olives and serve chilled.