- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, plus extra leaves to serve
- 500 g chicken mince
- 1 egg white
- 5 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 800g crushed tomatoes
- 1 L (4 cups) chicken stock
- Finely grated and shaved Parmesan, to serve
- To make the meatballs, grind coriander leaves in a food processor until finely chopped. Add chicken, egg white, half the grated garlic and half the onion, and pulse until just combined. Leave mixture in bowl and chill until required.
- Heat oil in a pan. With wet hands, roll tablespoon-sized balls of chicken mixture into meatballs and shallow fry it.
- Take out excess oil and add remaining garlic and onion in the same saucepan over high heat and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until onion begins to soften. Stir through tomatoes and stock, and remove from heat. Using a stick blender, whiz tomato mixture until smooth. Return pan to high heat. Add meatballs to soup. With soup at a simmer, swirl pan, then cover and cook, carefully stirring twice, for 8 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Divide soup among bowls, scatter with Parmesan, parsley leaves and serve.
NOTE: Vegetarians can easily replace meatballs with paneer balls and chicken stock with vegetable stock.