Turn that package of pita pockets into a week of never boring lunches with this tasty collection of ideas.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 Avocados (diced)
- 3 tomatoes sliced
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 12 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- In a large bowl, mix oil, thyme, paprika, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt until blended. Add chicken; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Place chicken on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Spoon pita halves with the diced avocados, tomatoes and the chicken strips. Drizzle with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves.
There can be numerous variations of this recipe.
#1. Boiled Chickpea, cubed paneer, diced onion, sliced tomato, diced cucumber, baby spinach, chopped coriander, sour cream. Mix all together and spoon it in pita pockets.
# 2. Lettuce leaves, diced yellow bell pepper, diced red bell pepper, diced green bell pepper, diced cucumber, sour cream, shredded cheese, pomegranate. Layer all the vegetables inside pita pockets and serve.
#3. Pan seared shrimp, shredded lettuce, diced cucumber, diced tomatoes. Mix altogether and Spoon it in pita pockets.