This Roasted veggie Grilled Cheese Sandwich is going to “WOW!” your taste buds! Hot, melty cheese combined with the smoky sweetness of roasted peppers and nutritional goodness of spinach come together on crispy buttered bread baked in the oven for an easy meal everyone will love.
- 1 red Capsicum(Roasted)
- 1 yellow Capsicum(Roasted)
- Handful of Spinach
- 8 slices of Bread
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Roughly chop your roasted red peppers and pat dry on kitchen towel. Wash and pat the spinach dry too.
(Don’t skip this step. Drying will remove that extra moisture in your sandwich or you’ll end up with soggy bread instead of buttery, crisp, gold brown).
- Butter 1 side of each of the 8 slices of bread.
- Place 4 of the buttered slices, buttered side down, onto your baking sheet.
- Layer on your ingredients: 1 slice of cheese, spinach, peppers, and then top with another slice of cheese.
- Place the remaining slices of bread on top, buttered side facing up.
- Bake in the oven 5-6 minutes, then flip the sandwiches and bake about 5 more minutes, until the sandwiches are golden brown and crispy.