This Individual pizzas make a scrumptious snack or appetizer. Here is a cheesy, tangy mini pizza, which can be an awesome starter for your party and are a big hit with the kids too!
6 round bread slices, lightly buttered
6 tbsp grated Mozzarella cheese
For The Pizza Sauce
1/2 cup blanched, peeled and chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
2 bay leaves
4 black peppercorns
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
1/2 cup finely chopped capsicum
2 tbsp tomato puree
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp dry red chili flakes
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 tbsp finely chopped basil
2 Tbsp black olives
Jalapeno as required
2 Tbsp Corn kernels
Capsicum chopped as required
5-6 Cherry tomatoes
How to make Pizza Sauce:
1. Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the bay leaves and peppercorns and saute for a few seconds.
2. Add the onions, garlic and capsicum and saute on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato Puree, tomato ketchup, sugar, chili flakes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Finally, add the dried oregano and basil and mix well. Remove the bay leaves and peppercorns and discard them.
5. Divide the pizza sauce into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
6. Spread a portion of the prepared pizza sauce evenly over each bread slice and sprinkle grated cheese and vegetables of your choice. I have used black olives, Jalapeno, Cherry tomatoes, Capsicum and Corn kernels.
7. Add more cheese on the topping, and Bake in a Preheated oven at 200°c for 5 to 7 minutes or till the cheese melts. sprinkle some chili flakes and oregano as required.