These thick pancakes are like little souffles: custardy on the inside and golden and crispy on the outside.The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with.
for 4 pancakes
4 cups (500 gms) flour
4 tablespoons baking powder
4 cups warm milk
¾ cup melted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- maple syrup, to serve
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the butter, milk, and egg yolks, stirring to combine.
- In a third bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir with rubber spatula until just combined. Add the beaten egg whites and gently fold to combine.
- Heat an 8-inch nonstick pan over low heat. Pour 1 ½ cups of pancake batter into the skillet, smooth out the top, then cover with a lid. Cook until golden brown on the bottom and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer the pancake to a plate and repeat, making 3 more pancakes with the remaining batter.
- Serve with maple syrup.