Kheer is made with basic pantry ingredients such as milk, rice and sugar. It is flavored with aromatic saffron and cardamon powder gives this kheer a divine taste and flavors.
- 1/2 Cup basmati rice
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 5 Cups Full cream milk
- A pinch of Saffron
- A pinch of Cardamom powder
- 10 Cashews
- 1 Cup Mango pulp
- 2 Tablespoons Mango chunks (for topping)
- 2 Tablespoons Nuts & Raisins topping
- 2 Tablespoons Ghee or clarified butter
- Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes, then rinse and drain. Juice out the mango to make pulp. Ghee roast the cashews and keep aside.
- Place an Wok or an open vessel, add rinsed and drained rice, sugar, cardamom powder, saffron, full cream milk.
- Keep stirring till the rice is fully cooked to a mushy consistency.
- Now add ghee and the prepared mango pulp. Using the potato masher, coarsely mash the mango in the rice kheer. Add the roasted cashews to the kheer.
- Mango rice kheer is ready. Top it with mango chunks, chopped nuts and raisins. Enjoy warm kheer or refrigerate it for about 30 minutes to 2 hours and serve chilled.